NAAAP Mentoring Program
This series is partially sponsored by Bank of America.
NAAAP Mentoring Program
April 27th through July 26th, 2022
Take part in the launch of NAAAP-Chicago’s Mentoring Program by participating in its Pilot Program. Designed to make a lasting impact and create laudable leaders through quality programming, learning, and networking events among a carefully selected group of mentors and mentees, the NAAAP-Chicago Mentoring Program strives to accomplish a mutually beneficial relationship among its cohort.
- April 27 at 7 pm US CT - Kick-off Event (virtual)
- April 30 at 11 am US CT – Networking Session at Aster Hall (in-person)
- Date and Time TBD - End-of-program appreciation event (in-person)
- Monthly group mentoring sessions with all program participants (virtual)
- Mentor-mentee one-on-one meetings (min. of three meetings, virtual or in-person)
- Receive a Tool Kit and guidance throughout the program
Specific details (links, times, locations, etc) to the event, will be emailed to those who register.
BENEFITS FOR PARTICIPANTS
- Participate in a monthly virtual workshop that focuses on professional development topics.
- Learning from each other (enhancing technical and interpersonal aspects of job performance, new information, managerial skills, and leadership capacity)
- Emotional benefit (rewarding experience, satisfaction, intrinsic fulfillment, and loyal base of support)
- Support each other as we share our reflections
- Creating a network of trusted affiliates
- Finding ways to develop collegiality among peers and mentors
- Staying accountable to one another/tracking progress/celebrating success
- Time management suggestions, advice, feedback to establish an appropriate balance
- Increased self-confidence and self-awareness.
- Growing a personal network within the business.
- Gain new perspectives.
BENEFITS AS A MENTEE
- Be matched with a mentor closest to your aspirations.
- Get insights into industry and institutions in a particular field
- Develop a networking plan to understand regional and national affiliations
- Receive support to create a career advancement plan (resume feedback, project suggestions, etc.)
- Share knowledge and experience on how to balance competing responsibilities in life and work
BENEFIT BY VOLUNTEERING AS A MENTOR
- Enhance mentoring and coaching skills for leaders. Mentor will receive a Mentor Toolkit and guidance throughout the program.
- Identifying strengths and leveraging them to enhance one’s career
- Help to identify service opportunities
- Connect with a young professional
- Recognition and respect from others
- Feedback report and certification for mentors
Calling for mentors:
- You have eight years and above of professional experience.
- You are motivated by the opportunity to help someone learn and grow.
- You are an expert in a particular industry/function or a seasoned professional with cross-industries and cross-functional roles experiences.
- You want to leverage your personal and professional experiences to make an impact on the Asian-American professional community.
Details for participant will be sent upon registration and completion of participation form.
- Introductory mentee participation fee during Pilot phase:
- $20 for NAAAP-Chicago Member
- $35 for non-member
- Bank of America sponsorship: First FIVE NAAAP-Chicago members who sign up to participate in the Pilot Program.
- FREE for new/renew members who sign-up within March 1st through May 31st, 2022. (Email firstname.lastname@example.org your receipt to obtain your promo code).
Consider purchasing/renewing a membership for $50 (Discounted at $35 for Non-profit/Government & $25 for Students) to take advantage of a full year of this Mentoring Program, as well as many other programs and events offered by NAAAP-Chicago!
Learn about our programs: